Monday, January 21, 2013

Shipping Medicine


Well ya’ll...I had an interesting experience today that I wanted to share with you. Forgive me for getting personal (ha!), but I’m almost out of birth control. AHH!!! So I have been working with my wonderful Ob/Gyn to get another year supply (cause who really wants to run out of that.....). After getting their approval, I called our international insurance company to find out the best way to have it shipped, since mine has to stay temperature regulated. 

Well...after a long afternoon of being on the phone with different people, I learned that I can’t have my prescription shipped to China. This being the fact that there are new laws in place here that prohibit foreign companies from shipping their product in. From what I was told this is because China is trying to produce more of their own meds and not have so much imported. 

I still do not know much more than this at the moment, but I’m going to try to get this figured out and when I do I will update you further. 

As of now, my suggestion would be to work with your doctor as much as you can to get all the prescription medication to last until you go back for a visit. Knowing some of this in advance should help some of those conversations and get you thinking more on how to pack. Another suggestion would be to have your doctor write a letter for you to bring in your suitcase with you of what the medication is and why you are taking it (have them put this on their letterhead) as an extra precaution in case they search your bag. 

Thanks ya’ll,

Belle


*****UPDATE***** 

Hey ya'll. 

I wanted to share with you that I had my mother put some of my medicine in a package surrounded by a bunch of other item and not declare it on the customs form. It took over a month to get here (who knows why.....maybe Chun Jie???) but it is here safe and sound. 

I would still recommend bringing as much as you can of what you need or having someone bring it for you, but if needed go for it, have it shipped...just don't declare it. 

Thanks ya'll,

Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment