Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Chang Jiang Guo Ji Ya Yuan - Expat Living at its finest

Hey Ya'll! 


I'm a little biased I know since Tractor Man, Pickle and I live here, but I wanted to share our apartment complex with you. There are MANY different complexes in our area that are great for expats and there will be other posts on those places coming soon. But for now, let me share our home with you! 

Welcome to Chang Jiang International Gardens 2. 

中国无锡市新区长江北路o41号。邮编:214028. 

Located in New District on Chang Jiang North Road, we are close to so much. We have two grocery stores within walking distance or an easy taxi ride, lots of great restaurants, playgrounds and a great veggie mart close by. There are quite a few expats in our complex which I love! We have an amazing community that gets together quite often and help each other out as needed. 


One of my absolute favorite things about our complex are the guards. They do a wonderful job and are always extremely helpful and friendly. They remember faces well, even though they do not speak a lot of English. Once, I had a guard see me struggling to bring in my groceries and he came and carried them to my apartment for me. 



Our complex is made up of tall and short buildings that range from 8 floors to 27 floors.


 We live on the first floor and have a basement and a small back yard. Most of the apartments in our complex are only one level and have 3 bedrooms. 

Here is a small view of my apartment. We brought all of our own furniture with us, so the furnishings are not a typical Chinese apartment but you can see some of the rooms. 

Kitchen

My pantry area

Pantry area - other view
Second bedroom

Dining Room

Closet area in the master bedroom

Master bedroom

Our upstairs living room. 

One of our 3 bathrooms. 

We have a small backyard that Pickle loves to play in when the weather is nice. 

Our laundry room is outside. 

The entrance to our building. They have stairs and a ramp for easy access. 
The maintenance team here does a great job of keeping things clean and neat. Granted, you do need to keep in mind that we live in China and things are not always "normal" in the way things are done, but things are always neat. 

Fish pond in front of my building. 

View of our complex. 

Walkway to the street. 

Our complex also has a small playground for kids which in the spring and fall is a wonderful place to play! We are out there quite often when we don't have other plans. 


We would love to have you come and join us here in Chang Jiang Guo Ji Ya Yuan! 

Thanks ya'll, 

Belle



No comments:

Post a Comment