Friday, July 12, 2013

Electricity Bills - Explained!


Hey Ya'll! 

One of the things that has been super confusing for me here is our bills. Since our sweet landlord helps us handle most of them, I just have no idea what we are really paying. But since I keep getting "late" notices on our electricity bill, I decided I needed to look into this further. 

My dear friends over at Wisdom International Education helped me put this together. There are three levels of electricity here in China, and as an American expat, you can go ahead and plan on using all three levels. Ha! Our family loves to use our AC on a regular basis and add to that our clothes dryer and our electricity levels sky rocket!

This example below is not my bill (I wish it was!!!) but you can look at the explanations given so when you move over you will know how to read your bill. 



This is the "past due" notice that gets put in your mail box. Apparently is is really common since most of the mail boxes in my building have one each month.  The box at the bottom is the different locations of the State Grid offices where you can pay your bill. 

State Grid is where you go to pay your bill. It took me 5 minutes to take care of it. Just take your pink slip and money with you. 

Hope this helps! 

Thanks ya'll, 

Belle

1 comment: