Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Far Eastern Department Store - My FAVORITE!



 Hey Ya'll!

I wanted to share with you where I love to buy my meat here in Wuxi. This place is called Far Eastern. A dear friend of mine took me here one of my first weeks in China because they had a Dunkin Donuts (which at the time was my favorite cup of coffee) and I fell in love.

Far Eastern Dept. Store Supermarket 远东百货超市

0510-81809998
531 Zhongshan Rd, B1 Far Eastern Dept. Store
无锡市崇安区中山路531号(远东百货地下一楼)





 This place became a haven for me when I was still too overwhelmed with the craziness that is the other grocery stores. It is quiet and clean, with wide aisle and carts that push easily. Pure heaven for a homesick starved woman! Ha.

When you go to Far Eastern, go inside and down to Level -1. Everything you need is right there. Fresh meat, fruits and veggies, cheese, eggs and so much more.

The meat section is wonderful. This is the place where I buy my ground beef. If they are running low of it when you go, they will grind more right there for you. The staff is very helpful. The prices for meat is wonderful. For ground beef is is approx 89rmb for 1kg. 

This is the entrance to the grocery store. It is on the bottom level of the department store. 

Even Pickle loves to shop here...they have kids carts that they can push as well as "car carts" that they can drive while you push. He loves it! 

They have a wonderful fruit and veggie section here as well, but I will tell you that it is EXTREMELY expensive. But when I first started shopping in Wuxi, this was all I would purchase until I got a better feel for where else to shop and at better prices. The main thing I go for here is meat. 

Also on this level, but outside the Fresh Market is a wonderful bakery to get some fabulous bread, Dunkin Donuts and Cold Stone! Also, right as you check out from the grocery store, there is a shop that sells cream puffs in different flavors. This is Tractor Man's favorite stop here and any time I go I always pick him up a treat. Yummy! So many wonderful reasons to come! And now up on Level 1 they have added a Pacific Coffee Shop. So grab yourself a cup of coffee and a sandwich for a light treat. 


The fabulous Bakery. 


We love shopping at Far Eastern! 


Can't go wrong with a good donut and if you are adventurous, you can try a Pork Floss Donut. If you do, PLEASE tell me what you think! 

Ice Cream....glorious glorious ice cream. Makes me feel like I'm back at home when I have a bowl. 

After you finish shopping (or before....) head up to Level 6. Here you will find their food court that has lots of restaurants. There is a Japanese place that has one of my all time favorite sushi rolls. 

Go enjoy a day of good shopping and some yummy treats. 

Thanks Ya'll, 

Belle


No comments:

Post a Comment